The Future of Digital Journalism
On Monday 30 May 2016, the News Impact Summit will be coming to the MENA region for the first time in its history. Co-organised by the European Journalism Centre (EJC), the Google News Lab, and the Al Jazeera Media Training and Development Center, the thirteenth summit will focus on the theme "The Future of Digital Journalism: Focus on Mobile, Digital and Verification Strategies” and invites 200+ editors, newsroom managers, journalists and J-school students from the MENA region. The summit is open to everyone working in the field of journalism and new media, and the participants will be able to meet the international and regional experts from the industry, and join the debate on trends, best practices and challenges surrounding the topic.
This one full-day, free-of-charge public event will feature some of the best practices in digital news, mobile interactives, user-generated content verification from all around the world. The programme will also offer hands-on skills training on various Google tools that can be used for journalistic research and storytelling as well as user-generated contents verification techniques.
Venue address: Ahmed Bin Ali Street, Doha, Qatar
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- What are the best examples of mobile sites and apps out there?
- How can journalists use Google tools in their reporting and research?
- What are the best practice video strategies?
- How can one get started with the user-generated content (UGC) verification?
- Is there a way to work collaboratively for UGC verification? How?
- What are do's and don'ts for verification during breaking news?